If you have been scheduled for a procedure in one of our locations, please keep the following in mind. Even though you may be scheduled for “only an injection,” this is still a surgical procedure and should be treated as such.
* If you are anxious about your procedure, in certain cases, we may be able to provide sedation.
* In most cases, you must have a responsible adult driver to take you home. If you are not able to arrange a ride home, please let us know.
* If you are having a procedure in your neck (cervical area) or are having sedation for your procedure, you must fast for 8 hours prior to your appointment time. Morning medications can be taken with a sip of water no later than 2 hours prior to your appointment time. Exceptions may include diabetes medications, in this case please call the office for specific instructions.
Arrival Times Before Your Procedure
Your arrival time will depend on whether you are coming for a procedure or an office visit. Please try to fill out patient paperwork prior to your arrival.
- Procedure: 30 minutes
- Office Visits: 10 minutes
- For New Patients:
If you are a new patient with access to a printer please fill out and print all of your forms prior to arrival. If you have printed and filled out your paperwork please arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment so we can scan and verify your insurance and all of your forms. If you are new patient without access to a printer and require time to fill out your 14 pages of paperwork at our office, please arrive 1hr early to allow ample time to file your paperwork.
- You can find your new patient forms here.
Due to the delicate nature of some procedures close to the spinal cord, the risk of bleeding or infection could lead to serious, though very rare consequences. We take your health and well-being very seriously and would like to prevent any complications possible.
Prior to your procedure, you must let us know all medications and supplements that you may be taking. You may be asked to stop certain medications such as anticoagulants (“blood thinners”). We may request written clearance from your primary care doctor or cardiologist prior to stopping any anticoagulants. Do not stop these medications without the express consent of the physician who prescribed them to you. Stopping your anticoagulants without your doctor’s consent could lead to serious medical emergencies such as heart attack or stroke.
If you are prescribed antibiotics for an active infection, please let us know. You should not stop taking the antibiotics if you have an active infection. We may delay your procedure until the infection is resolved. Due to the close proximity of some procedures to your spinal cord, an active untreated infection may lead to meningitis, abscess formation, paralysis, or even death. Do not stop your antibiotics without consulting with the prescribing physician.
(*Important: On the day of your procedure: if you are ill or have a temperature of 100.4 Fahrenheit or if you are diabetic and have a fasting blood glucose greater than 200, please call our office to reschedule your procedure.)
Please refer to the following list of blood thinners and the amount of days they should be discontinued prior to your procedure:
- Advil/Aleve/Ibuprofen/Motrin: 3 days
- Meloxicam/Diclofenac: 3 days
- Aspirin: 7 days
- Coumadin/Warfarin/Jantoven: 5 days
- Plavix: 7 days
- Pradaxa: 5 days
- Prasugrel/Effient: 7 days
- Ticlid: 14 days
- Lovenox (depending on dose): 12 – 24 hours
- Cilostazol/Pletal: 7 days
- Heparin: 24 hours
- Aggrenox: 7 days
- Xarelto/Rivaroxaban: 3 days
- Pentoxil: 5 days
- Fragmin: 24 hours
If you are taking any supplements such as Fish Oil, Garlic, Ginseng, Vitamin A&E, Ginger, Kava, Clove, White Willow bark, or Gingko you may need to discontinue these for 7 days prior to your procedure. Please ask us if this would be required prior to your specific procedure.
Insurance and Payment Information
KURE Pain Management participates with most health insurance companies and accepts auto insurance and worker’s compensation benefits. For a complete list click here or contact us at 877.621.1269.