Back pain is one of the most common complaints for adult men and women. There are a number of causes for back pain, in some cases, backache comes from a lifetime of bad habits. For other patients, back pain is a result of accidents, muscle strain or sports related injury.
Treatments are entirely dependent on the individual and their specific condition. We perform a detailed evaluation of each patient to determine the source of their pain and create a treatment plan specific to their condition. We take a multidisciplinary approach, offering a full range of back pain treatment options.
Common Symptoms of Back Pain
- Chronic ache or stiffness along the spine from the base of the neck to the hips
- Piercing pain, localized in the neck, upper back or lower back, often experienced after lifting heavy objects or other overexertion
- Persistent aching in the mid to lower back, especially after prolonged sitting or standing
- Radiating pain in the lower back or buttocks, into the thighs, calves and feet
- Muscles spasms in lower back when attempting to stand straight
Types of Back Pain
- Upper and Middle Back Pain – Though not as common as lower back pain, upper and middle back pain can be just as debilitating. Most upper and middle back pain results from muscle strain or injury, poor posture or conditions such as a herniated disc.
- Lower Back Pain – Lower back pain is much more widespread, and more difficult to diagnose and treat. In addition to injury or trauma, common causes for lower back pain may include a herniated disc, spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis and spondylolisthesis, where one vertebra slides over another. Rare cases of lower back pain may be caused by bacterial infections or tumors.
- Pain in Spine – Pain in the spine refers to a wide spread area, with pain manifesting itself in the back. Pain in the spine can be isolated to one of the following regions, or present in several or all of them: Cervical (neck region), Thorastic (middle back), Lumbar (lower back), Sacral (hip/pelvic area).
Schedule an Appointment
If you are suffering from persistent back pain, it’s time to let the back pain specialists at Kure Pain help you find some relief. We serve patients in Annapolis, MD, Chestertown, MD, Easton, MD, Fort Washington, MD, Glen Burnie, MD, Kent Island, MD, Laurel, MD, Leonardtown, MD, Olney, MD, Waldorf, MD as well as in Dover, DE and Novi, MI. Call one of our many office locations today or schedule an appointment online.